We've been an award–winning digital agency for over 16 years.
We are broadly-talented and tightly-focused. We build custom apps, purpose-driven websites, and powerful web-based software.
Storytellers at heart, we also help many clients tell their stories through online video.
We create powerful digital products that engage real people.
It's what makes us different.
We listen intently to our clients purpose – we design for it. But we also fiercely care about the end user. We build for them – for longevity, for trust, for value.
Through the alchemy of innovative design and advanced technology, we make creative technology that matters.
We love bringing brands to life through engaging digital experiences.
We are proud to say we have delivered many success stories for our clients. Below are just a few examples from 16 years of prolific output.
- Case Study
Yogurtland iOS/Android app
IBM intranet portal
Leverage website platform
Yogurtland website & video
AutoCrib responsive website
Aquarium of the Pacific iOS/Android game
Shook Kelley responsive website
Bryant Rubber messaging, video, website
Ronald McDonald House nonprofit multi-site
Warner/Chappell responsive website
Subaru mobile brochure
Play-Learn-Win mobile learning campaign
Gravitations mobile puzzle game
Ringorang mobile trivia game
One Globe Kids mobile social platform
Brands For Bands music licensing
Our clients don't just love our work, the design community in general does. Take a look at some recent awards we've won.
Best In Class
Yogurtland Brand Video
Bryant Rubber Brand Video
Mobile Applications - Games
Ringorang Promo Video
JLOOP Venture Out Video
AVA Digital Awards
Platinum Award - Product Marketing
Yogurtland Brand Video
Best Mobile App Awards
JLOOP Venture Out Video
Hermes Creative Awards
Website Overall / Professional Service
BrandsForBands Website & Client Portal
Best Real Estate Website
Leverage Global Partners Website
JLOOP is a tight-knit group of creatives and developers
who think big picture and execute efficiently. We technically don't build rocket ships (not saying that we couldn't), but we have this special talent for untangling fishing line and celebrating our clients' victories. Meet the team and see how we do it:
Jay Dysart Founder | PresidentClose
A prolific storyteller with a knack for speaking code, Jay Dysart has been bringing together creative and technology since the founding of JLOOP in 2001.
Serving as the President and CEO, Jay is a hands-on guy who loves working alongside his team to create the big idea, and then bringing that idea to life for a digital world. With a thirst for learning emerging technologies and new ways to produce purpose-driven work, Jay races toward projects that have a need to exist.
Under Jay's leadership, JLOOP has produced work for such clients as IBM, Yogurtland, Subaru of America, LG Electronics, DIC Entertainment, Infiniti USA, Element Skateboards, Anthony Robbins Companies, McDonalds, Cleveland Golf, The Partners Trust, NV Energy, and the Aquarium of the Pacific.
Prior to JLOOP, Jay founded two performing arts companies – the critically acclaimed Hidden Theatre in Minneapolis, and The Group at Strasberg for the famed Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute in Hollywood. Jay continues to pursue this passion by navigating JLOOP's presence in the entertainment industry.
His passion for creative technology is only the beginning. He loves to travel, preferably near the ocean, is into wine, gadgets, laughter, and most importantly, the human race. He also donates his time in leading fundraising events for charitable organizations such as Christian Outreach in Action, helping to feed the homeless and hungry in Long Beach.
He is the proud father of three boys and lives with his wife, Christi, his children, a dog and a cat in Long Beach.
Name the award you are most proud of receiving
"My son once gave me the Most Epic Dad Ever Award. Does that count?" (Yes, it does.)
Courtney Harmeling Senior ProducerClose
A 15-year veteran in the tech industry, Courtney is your enthusiastic guide on the path to project success.
At JLOOP, Courtney:
- Manages large-scale development projects from start-to-finish.
- Assembles creative and development teams to ensure objectives are met.
- Delivers results, on time, on target, and on budget.
In the world, Courtney:
- Is the mother of two adventurous kids and wife to a very handsome surfing attorney.
- Is a lover of gaudy holiday rooftop decorations - especially at her home base in San Diego.
- Makes a mean margarita.
John Mayes Producer | ArchitectClose
With an exceptional eye for detail, John designs the user experiences that make our work appear effortless to the end user.
At JLOOP, John:
- Fills a dual role as Project Manager and Architect.
- Provides a relentless discipline in documenting the tiniest UX details.
- Ensures all stakeholders are in sync through detailed communication and streamlined use of technology.
In the world, John:
- Hails from North Carolina.
- Is a chronic online sharer.
- Regularly walks to work from his home in the blossoming East Village.
Lauren Daniels New Business & CommunicationsClose
A swiss army knife of talents, Lauren manages client contracts and accounts, as well as internal business processes.
At JLOOP, Lauren:
- Targets new business opportunities, schedules initial meetings and fosters the client/JLOOP relationship.
- Handles marketing initiatives, advertising opportunities and internal organization.
- Keeps the team happy and healthy - organizing our fifth-Wednesday events, holiday events and more!
In the world, Lauren:
- Just recently had her 2nd baby boy, and makes it look easy.
- Is a self-proclaimed "water baby" who can be found on Catalina Island every summer.
- Has won a lot of awards as a swimmer (that's saying something in Long Beach!)
Travis Freeman Producer | UX SpecialistClose
An experienced designer, developer, and architect, Travis specializes in crystalizing big visions into great customer experiences.
At JLOOP, Travis:
- Architects solutions for complex applications with purpose and delight.
- Develops engaging and powerful front-end interfaces.
- Manages projects that are strong on UX requirements with craft and care.
In the world, Travis:
- Is a 3rd degree black belt in PaKua Martial Arts.
- Plays guitar in a local Reggae cover band called SUNDAZE.
- Dog owner to his beloved Alex, and an avid golfer and snowboarder.
Anne Stephenson Creative Strategy & BrandingClose
When others only see research and data, Anne sees human truths and insights. A talent that has bolstered numerous brands during her almost 20-year tenure as a brand strategist.
At JLOOP, Anne:
- Spearheads all brand and messaging development.
- Creates compelling brand strategies that lead to focused and actionable results.
- Writes insightful creative briefs that spark imaginative messaging campaigns.
In the world, Anne:
- Is just as curious about watching her daughters' personalities flourish.
- Achieves balance by squeezing in a little yoga whenever she can.
- Holds dual degrees in advertising and psychology.
Matt Leaver Art DirectorClose
With over 15 years experience as a designer in the interactive space, Matt provides a thorough understanding of online behavior, driving creative direction regarding user experience and design.
At JLOOP, Matt:
- Designs beautifully fluid interfaces for mobile, desktop, and beyond.
- Tracks design trends and brings them to the table for all our projects.
- Harnesses the power of type to make the web powerful and beautiful at the same time.
In the world, Matt:
- Won't complain if you want to go to the beach.
- Enjoys the quirks of the Volkswagen Vanagon.
- Won a Preservation Award from Long Beach Heritage for fixing up his mid-century modern ranch house.
Daniel Fordyce UX Developer | Team LeaderClose
With an artistic eye and a painter's patience, Daniel brings digital work to life in your browser, email client, tablet, or phone.
At JLOOP, Daniel:
- Crafts elegant CSS to deliver intelligent output with a long shelf life.
- Utilizes cutting edge technologies and modern approaches to make our work lively and responsive.
- Guides our development strategies with wisdom, patience, and respect.
In the world, Daniel:
- Is an expert visual artist, painter, and illustrator.
- Loves handcrafted work - particularly when its in the form of a hearty brew.
- Is one of 6 kids and a long-time Long Beach native who rides his bike to JLOOP.
Michael Stratford Apps & Server-Side | Team LeaderClose
The wizard behind the JLOOP curtain, Michael cut his development teeth as a JLOOP intern. Just a few years later, he lights the path through our most complex development.
At JLOOP, Michael:
- Engineers system architecture solutions using a hefty toolset at his disposal.
- Leads the development team through example and collaboration - convinced there is always something more to learn.
- Would think outside the box, if he knew there was a box.
In the world, Michael:
- Is a proud husband and father.
- Is currently training a 5-year-old to beat a 34-year-old at chess.
- Loves to socialize over games, a bowling lane, or a good pizza.
Todd Pastell Software EngineerClose
With a Mechanical Engineering degree, Todd brings discipline and focus to our technical output.
At JLOOP, Todd:
- Is a coding ninja - executing with silent precision.
- Has proven he can learn any programming language - Client & Server-Side to boot.
- Keeps our internal infrastructure healthy and backed up.
In the world, Todd:
- Holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Cal Poly Pomona.
- Has the warmest smile ever to be paired with a cold and wicked ping-pong backhand.
- Is one of 4 kids and hails from Palos Verdes, CA.
Chris Stevens Software EngineerClose
A rare JLOOPer with formal Computer Science education, Chris hammers away at code to craft efficient technology solutions that make us proud.
At JLOOP, Chris:
- Brings deep expertise to bear on coding challenges on a daily basis.
- Manages our web infrastructure, keeping client sites healthy and happy.
- Is a gifted wordsmith, providing solid documentation of complex processes.
In the world, Chris:
- Arrived at the JLOOP doorstep as a long time friend of Mike & Todd - even though they had never met in person (WoW).
- Has been known to lose at chess to a 5-year-old.
- Is an avid hobbyist and lover of fine machinery.
Jake Schumacher Video ProductionClose
Loaded with talent and ambition, Jake delivers spot-on video that compels and delights.
At JLOOP, Jake:
- Is a video director and producer, helping craft compelling stories for our clients.
- Was responsible for our award-winning "Venture Out" video for American Airlines.
- Is a motion graphics artist as well as editor, DP, and more.
In the world, Jake:
- Is currently directing and producing the Kickstarter-funded documentary "App: The Human Story".
- Recently moved from Idaho with his wife and 2 girls.
- Has created video projects for the respected Sandwich Video in Los Angeles.
Melissa Viesca UX DesignerClose
With a keen eye and empathetic spirit, Melissa breathes life into wireframes and fills interfaces with purpose.
At JLOOP, Melissa:
- Digs deep into understanding who users are and what makes them tick.
- Relentlessly defines the strategies that will reach and motivate real people.
- Architects meaningful user experiences that will bring lasting value.
In the world, Melissa:
- Spends her weekends adventuring with friends.
- Nourishes herself with yoga, music, video production, painting, and fire spinning.
- Loves all dogs.
Interested in joining our team?Careers at JLOOP
JLOOP was founded in 2001 by Jay Dysart, Jennifer Christopher, and Greg Stratford.
For more than a decade, we have been blending innovative design and advanced technology to create memorable online experiences.
This is how we get there:
- Brand Strategy
- User Experience
- Content Strategy
- Visual Design
- Video & Storytelling
- Mobile Applications
- Web Development
- Social Integration/Platforms