We've been an award–winning digital agency for over 20 years.
We are broadly-talented and tightly-focused. We build custom apps, purpose-driven websites, and powerful web-based software.
Storytellers at heart, we also help many clients tell their stories through online video.
We create powerful digital products that engage real people.
It's what makes us different.
We listen intently to our clients purpose – we design for it. But we also fiercely care about the end user. We build for them – for longevity, for trust, for value.
Through the alchemy of innovative design and advanced technology, we make creative technology that matters.
We love bringing brands to life through engaging digital experiences.
We are proud to say we have delivered many success stories for our clients. Below are just a few examples from 20 years of prolific output.
- Case Study
Boosta Training iOS app
ACE Fitness PTv6 dashboard design
Odeum video publishing platform
IBM Lighthouse knowledge sharing platform
IBM Masterclass video app
Summit Supply Chain Solutions website & video
WEAI international conference website
ACE Fitness website redesign
Yogurtland iOS/Android app
IBM intranet portal
Leverage website platform
Yogurtland website & video
Aquarium of the Pacific iOS/Android game
Shook Kelley responsive website
Bryant Rubber messaging, video, website
Ronald McDonald House nonprofit multi-site
Warner/Chappell responsive website
Subaru mobile brochure
Play-Learn-Win mobile learning campaign
Gravitations mobile puzzle game
Ringorang mobile trivia game
One Globe Kids mobile social platform
Brands For Bands music licensing
Our clients don't just love our work, the design community in general does. Take a look at some recent awards we've won.
Best In Class
Yogurtland Brand Video
Bryant Rubber Brand Video
Mobile Applications - Games
Ringorang Promo Video
JLOOP Venture Out Video
AVA Digital Awards
Platinum Award - Product Marketing
Yogurtland Brand Video
Best Mobile App Awards
JLOOP Venture Out Video
Hermes Creative Awards
Website Overall / Professional Service
BrandsForBands Website & Client Portal
Best Real Estate Website
Leverage Global Partners Website
JLOOP is a tight-knit group of creatives and developers
who think big picture and execute efficiently. We technically don't build rocket ships (not saying that we couldn't), but we have this special talent for untangling fishing line and celebrating our clients' victories. Meet the team and see how we do it:
Jay Dysart Founder | PresidentClose
A prolific storyteller with a knack for speaking code, Jay Dysart has been bringing together creative and technology since the founding of JLOOP in 2001.
Serving as the President and CEO, Jay is a hands-on guy who loves working alongside his team to create the big idea, and then bringing that idea to life for a digital world. With a thirst for learning emerging technologies and new ways to produce purpose-driven work, Jay races toward projects that have a need to exist.
Under Jay's leadership, JLOOP has produced work for such clients as IBM, Yogurtland, Subaru of America, LG Electronics, ACE Fitness, DIC Entertainment, Infiniti USA, Element Skateboards, Anthony Robbins Companies, McDonalds, Cleveland Golf, The Partners Trust, NV Energy, and the Aquarium of the Pacific.
Prior to JLOOP, Jay founded two performing arts companies – the critically acclaimed Hidden Theatre in Minneapolis, and The Group at Strasberg for the famed Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute in Hollywood. Jay continues to pursue this passion by navigating JLOOP's presence in the entertainment industry.
His passion for creative technology is only the beginning. He loves to travel, preferably near the ocean, is into wine, gadgets, laughter, and most importantly, the human race. He also donates his time in leading fundraising events for charitable organizations, and is deeply involved with local arts organizations such as Long Beach Landmark Theatre.
He is the proud father of three boys and lives with his wife, Christi, his children, a dog and a cat in Long Beach.
Courtney Harmeling Senior ProducerClose
A 20-year veteran in the tech industry, Courtney is your enthusiastic guide on the path to project success.
At JLOOP, Courtney:
- Manages large-scale development projects from start-to-finish.
- Assembles creative and development teams to ensure objectives are met.
- Delivers results, on time, on target, and on budget.
In the world, Courtney:
- Is the mother of two adventurous kids and wife to a very handsome surfing attorney.
- Is a lover of gaudy holiday rooftop decorations - especially at her home base in San Diego.
- Makes a mean margarita.
John Mayes Producer | ArchitectClose
With an exceptional eye for detail, John packages our hard work into experiences that feel delightful and effortless for the end user.
At JLOOP, John:
- Fills a dual role as Producer and Architect.
- Provides a relentless discipline in documenting the tiniest UX details.
- Ensures all stakeholders are in sync through detailed communication and streamlined use of technology.
In the world, John:
- Hails from North Carolina.
- Regularly walks to work from his home in blossoming Alamitos Beach.
- Recently remodeled his home - and sharpie graffiti from friends and family is forever archived in the walls of his new kitchen.
Lauren Daniels New Business & CommunicationsClose
A swiss army knife of talents, Lauren manages client contracts and accounts, as well as internal business processes.
At JLOOP, Lauren:
- Targets new business opportunities, schedules initial meetings and fosters the client/JLOOP relationship.
- Handles marketing initiatives, advertising opportunities and internal organization.
- Keeps the team happy and healthy - organizing our internal events, retreats, holiday events and more!
In the world, Lauren:
- Is a Mom to two busy boys. She brokers peace in epic water-gun conflicts frequently.
- Is a self-proclaimed "water baby" who can be found on Catalina Island every summer.
- Has won a lot of awards as a swimmer (that's saying something in Long Beach!)
Anne Stephenson Creative Strategy & BrandingClose
When others only see research and data, Anne sees human truths and insights. A talent that has bolstered numerous brands during her almost 20-year tenure as a brand strategist.
At JLOOP, Anne:
- Spearheads all brand and messaging development.
- Creates compelling brand strategies that lead to focused and actionable results.
- Writes insightful creative briefs that spark imaginative messaging campaigns.
In the world, Anne:
- Is just as curious about watching her daughters' personalities flourish.
- Achieves balance by squeezing in a little yoga whenever she can.
- Holds dual degrees in advertising and psychology.
Matt Leaver Art DirectorClose
With over 15 years experience as a designer in the interactive space, Matt provides a thorough understanding of online behavior, driving creative direction regarding user experience and design.
At JLOOP, Matt:
- Designs beautifully fluid interfaces for mobile, desktop, and beyond.
- Tracks design trends and brings them to the table for all our projects.
- Harnesses the power of type to make the web powerful and beautiful at the same time.
In the world, Matt:
- Won't complain if you want to go to the beach.
- Enjoys the quirks of the Volkswagen Vanagon.
- Won a Preservation Award from Long Beach Heritage for fixing up his mid-century modern ranch house.
Jamie Boepple Senior DesignerClose
In a field full of talented designers, Jamie's laser focus, communication skills, and pure dedication set her apart. Her aptitude for creating elegant, intuitive products and eye-catching design is simply unmatched. UX? UI? U got it.
At JLOOP, Jamie:
- Utilizes over 15 years of design expertise, combining her creativity with a focus on functionality to craft innovative and sophisticated web and mobile applications.
- Embodies a passionate yet pragmatic design ideology with empathy for customer needs and behaviors, successfully transforming business stakeholder requirements into user-centered products.
- Researches new and exciting user interface paradigms to lead cross-functional teams in the discovery, conception and execution of global design solutions.
In the world, Jamie:
- Moonlights as a watercolor artist, painting commissioned portraits of dogs and cats for her Instagram followers.
- Can be found cooking, gardening, and playing the piano around her Austin, Texas home (when she's not jet-setting around the globe, that is).
- Enjoys nothing more than belting Whitney Houston and Celine Dion classics at karaoke night.
Daniel Fordyce Developer | UX & Front-EndClose
With an artistic eye and a painter's patience, Daniel brings digital work to life in your browser, email client, tablet, or phone.
At JLOOP, Daniel:
- Crafts elegant code to deliver intelligent output with a long shelf life.
- Utilizes cutting edge technologies and modern approaches to make our work lively, responsive and accessible.
- Guides our development strategies with wisdom, patience, and respect.
In the world, Daniel:
- Is a father, visual artist, reader of books and lover of learning.
- Enjoys handcrafted work - particularly when its in the form of a hearty brew.
- Is one of 6 kids and a long-time Long Beach native who rides his bike all around the city.
Michael Stratford Developer | Apps & Server-SideClose
The wizard behind the JLOOP curtain, Michael cut his development teeth as a JLOOP intern. A decade later, he lights the path through our most complex development.
At JLOOP, Michael:
- Engineers system architecture solutions using a hefty toolset at his disposal.
- Leads the development team through example and collaboration - convinced there is always something more to learn.
- Would think outside the box, if he knew there was a box.
In the world, Michael:
- Is a proud father of two boys.
- Loves to socialize over games, a bowling lane, or a good pizza.
- Is known as 'the assassin' on the basketball court.
Todd Pastell Developer | Apps & Front-EndClose
With a Mechanical Engineering degree, Todd brings discipline and focus to our technical output.
At JLOOP, Todd:
- Is a coding ninja - executing with silent precision.
- Has proven he can learn any programming language - Client & Server-Side to boot.
- Keeps our internal infrastructure healthy and backed up.
In the world, Todd:
- Holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Cal Poly Pomona.
- Has the warmest smile ever to be paired with a cold and wicked ping-pong backhand.
- Is one of 4 kids and hails from Palos Verdes, CA.
Chris Stevens Developer | Back-EndClose
Chris writes the code that makes our websites and applications super efficient. Database structure, backend architecture, API design - Chris keeps the ship afloat and makes us proud.
At JLOOP, Chris:
- Brings his deep coding expertise to complex challenges.
- Manages our web infrastructure, keeping client sites healthy and happy.
- Is a gifted wordsmith, providing solid documentation of complex processes.
In the world, Chris:
- Arrived at the JLOOP doorstep as a long time friend of Mike & Todd - even though they had never met in person (WoW).
- Is an avid hobbyist and lover of fine machinery.
- Once flew a plane belonging to a Knight Commander of the Order of Australia. Chris then kindly gave it back.
Jamie Campbell Developer | UX & Front-EndClose
Jamie is a craftsman - making digital experiences that feel authentic, tactile, and useful.
At JLOOP, Jamie:
- Joined the team full time right as COVID-19 was hitting. (So we haven't been able to get him a proper headshot yet)
- Turns static designs and big ideas into delightful experiences with CSS and a little magic.
- Thinks beyond the look and function, and dives deeply into the purpose and feel of the UX he brings to life.
- Brings innovation and fresh thinking to our team planning sessions with each and every project - tiny or stout.
In the world, Jamie:
- Plays the drums and prefers John Bonham over Neil Peart.
- Uses hot sauce like it’s ketchup. (habanero FTW)
- Has been riding snowboards and skateboards for over 30 years, and has hit the slopes in a multitude of places from Salt Lake City to Niseko, Japan.
Aaron Pedersen Application Design | Front-EndClose
Aaron's passion lies in helping businesses streamline process and in making teams work more effectively through innovative technology solutions.
At JLOOP, Aaron:
- Leads our cutting-edge front-end development projects in Angular, React, and beyond.
- Breaks down complex UX designs into logically producible projects for our engineering teams.
- Listens and translates stakeholder input into strategically minded development solutions.
In the world, Aaron:
- Is managing the fun of architects and the city planning department with the build of a new house for his growing family.
- Is a published author, expert speaker, and sought-after business consultant and trainer.
- Built and manages a SAAS product called Pedanco, which services hundreds of restaurants throughout the US.
Wayne Teng Developer | Front-EndClose
A self-taught engineer who can learn and build nearly anything, Wayne rushes headlong into the next best thing.
At JLOOP, Wayne:
- Is a cornerstone of our front-end development team working on complex applications.
- Digs deep into the latest and greatest Angular stack to develop scalable and powerful code.
- Is always one of the first to say yes when it comes to learning something new.
In the world, Wayne:
- Is still trying to figure out where his freckles came from.
- Has been known to regrettingly breakdance at wedding parties.
- Can be caught jamming out to Spotify at the gym.
Jake Schumacher Senior Video ProducerClose
Loaded with talent and ambition, Jake delivers spot-on video that compels and delights.
At JLOOP, Jake:
- Is a video director and producer, helping craft compelling stories for our clients.
- Can turn even the most mundane technology product into a drool-worthy marketing video.
- Is a motion graphics artist as well as editor, DP, and more.
In the world, Jake:
- Directed and produced the Kickstarter-funded documentary "App: The Human Story".
- Is based in Idaho with his wife and 2 girls, but is still considered a Long Beach local.
- Has created video projects for the respected Sandwich Video in Los Angeles.
Jacob Dysart Video Marketing | Content SpecialistClose
Jacob loves finding clever angles and striking contrasts. Whether he's writing, directing, or editing, he looks to inject freshness and humor into JLOOP's creative output.
At JLOOP, Jacob:
- Showcases the best of JLOOP and our clients clients with fun, engaging video content.
- Writes copy for clients looking to build killer marketing messaging and user-friendly tools.
- Shapes and creates marketing content for our subscription video platform ODEUM, highlighting our superstar publishers and searching for more great creators.
In the world, Jacob:
- Bikes for hundreds of miles and sleeps on the forest floor for fun.
- Can be found onstage at stand-up and improv shows around NYC.
- Plays his guitar a little too late at night, but strums quietly for the sake of the neighbors.
Ryan Carroll Programmer | Application SupportClose
Ryan was once a starry-eyed intern. Now he's a full-fledged JLOOPer, bringing top-notch problem solving skills to our development team. He still has those starry eyes though- someone put a damper on Ryan's eternal optimism!
At JLOOP, Ryan:
- Is the backbone of Odeum App updates and publishing.
- Provides invaluable support to his fellow developers.
- Brings passion to every project like it's his first.
In the world, Ryan:
- Can rock a pretty impressive beard when it's necessary.
- Knows when to sacrifice a season of Fantasy Football to get better draft picks.
- Goes rock climbing in the desert so the rest of us don't have to.
Interested in joining our team?Careers at JLOOP
JLOOP was founded in 2001 by Jay Dysart, Jennifer Christopher, and Greg Stratford.
For more than a decade, we have been blending innovative design and advanced technology to create memorable online experiences.
This is how we get there:
- Brand Strategy
- User Experience
- Content Strategy
- Visual Design
- Video & Storytelling
- Mobile Applications
- Web Development
- Social Integration/Platforms